Battle_of_Laufeldt

Battle_of_Laufeldt

Monday 20 May 2013

Recent Acquisition

When I got back from our French trip* yesterday there was a card from the postman through the door telling me I had a package to collect, as it wouldn't go through the letterbox. As I'd made arrangements for any recent orders to be held till my return this was a mystery. Subsequently I presented myself, with ID, at the local sorting office and picked up a package from Canada. This is what it was -
 
 
Now, I'd completely forgotten that I'd ordered it, so it was a nice surprise. I've had the first 4 volumes for sometime and it's only thanks to the wonders of the internet and Abebooks that I've been able to find the final volume. It even comes in a plastic sleeve, so I don't have to struggle with library jacket material to cover it myself. Between the five volumes there is enough information to outfit any 18th century British army (including colonies). Such a pity that in those days colour pictures were expensive and thus rare.

*details on my main blog  steamsteelandtorpedoes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment